Ripe tomatoes - 8
Carrot - 1
Garlic - 4-5 cloves
Salt - to taste
Sugar - 1 tsp
Fresh Cilantro leaves - for garnishing
Rasam powder - 1/5 teaspoon.
1. Pressure cook tomatoes, carrots and garlic with 2 cups of water.
2. When done allow to cool. Peel the tomatoes. (Do not throw away the water in which tomatoes/carrot/garlic were cooked). Remember to remove all the skin from the tomatoes.
3. Blend the tomatoes, cooked carrots and garlic in a mixie. Add about 1 and a 1/2 cups of water that was saved from the pressure cooked tomatoes and grind. When done, pour the blanched liquid mixture through a sieve, into a vessel.
4. Bring this liquid to boil in medium flame. Add 1 tsp sugar, salt, rasam powder and finely chopped cilantro leaves when the mixture begins to boil. Stir it a couple of times. May need to add 1/2 cup or more water depending on the consistency you want.
5. Allow to boil. (Do not over boil as it will spoil the taste and flavour). Boil for about 30 seconds. Remove from fire. Garnish with fried bread pieces just before serving(and/or one small butter cube). Sprinkle salt/pepper if you want.
No need to add corn flour.
The above quantity will serve 5.