Paneer butter masala can be made in different ways. This is my way of making paneer b masala.
It is creamy, rich and yummy! Measurement below has been eyeballed. You can modify the measurement as you wish.
- Onions - 2 chopped
- Bay leaf - 1 or 2
- Chilli powder - as per taste
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Badshah Kitchen king masala or garam masala powder - 1.5 tbsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Kasoori methi - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup chopped
- Paneer pieces - as many as you like
- Oil - 5 tbsp or more if required
- Sugar - 1 tsp
Grind together with little water:
Tomatoes - 6 or 7(small)
Cashews - 1/4 cup
Cloves - 3 to 4
Cinnamon - 2 (1 inch sticks)
Elaichi - 3
Ginger - few pieces
Garlic - 3 pods
Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and bay leaf and fry very well till it turns brown.
Add the ground paste, ingredients 3 to 8. Cover with lid and let the mixture simmer till oil floats on top(takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes).
Add kasoori methi and sugar. Mix well. Switch of the gas.
In another pan, heat a drop of oil and fry capsicum pieces for 2 minutes. Don't overcook it. It has to be crunchy.
In the same pan, fry paneer pieces for a minute.
Add fried capsicum and paneer to the gravy and garnish with coriander leaves.