I like making one dish meals for obvious reasons-they can be made quickly and they taste great with plain curd or pappad.
Small onions-a handful(you can use big ones also)
Garlic pods-1 or 2
Cinnamon-2(each 1 inch)
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Grated Coconut-1 tbsp
Coriander leaves- to garnish
Frozen peas-a handful
Frozen corn-a handful
Cooked rice-sufficient for 2 people
Cook rice(I used sona masuri) separately in rice cooker.
Heat ghee plus oil in a pan. Tamper with jeera, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, garlic, star anise, green chilli, chopped onion. Fry till onions turn brown and soft.
Add chopped tomatoes, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder. Fry till tomatoes are cooked well. Add frozen corn and peas when tomatoes are half done.
When the paste becomes thick, add rice,grated coconut and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with plain yogurt/raitha/pappad.
I have been tagged again by Anudiya. The rules of the tag are:
(a) List these rules on your blog.
(b) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
(c) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
So here are 7 more facts about me:
1. I love Larry David(co-creator of Seinfeld). I can't explain how much I love him. I am a huge fan of his serial-"Curb your Enthusiasm". I have watched all the episodes so many times and still haven't gotten tired of them. This is one such serial which I watch with my eyes wide OPEN without dozing off in the middle :)
2. I love buying stuff as well as trashing or donating(old)stuff. I feel happy when I do both.
3. I hate moving because there at at least 400 CD's that I have to pack in boxes(Thanks to my husband for accumulating them before our wedding).
4. I hate the smell of melting butter but love the end product :)
5. I never go to the electronic stores. It drives me up the wall.
6. I am scared of dogs/cats/spiders/lizards/anything, you name it....Dogs seem to love me. They like to chase me and see me run!
7. I like to spend my time reading books in Barnes and Noble with a cup of Chocolate Mocha frappuccino with whip cream all over it!
It's time to tag 7 people: Rekha, Sunshinemom, Ramya cooks, Sireesha, Ramya Vijaykumar, Anisheetu, Anjali